Here is a recipe signed by Julien Cabana, hunting and fishing columnist for the Journal de Québec.
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 15 min
- 2 fillets of a 4 lbs (1.8 kg) lake trout without the skin
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 375 (1 ½ cup) 15% cooking cream
- 270 ml of stewed tomatoes
- 340 g of a shrimp and scallops mix
- 1 pinch of fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet, brown the onions and bell peppers.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add the seafood.
- Add the cream and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the dill.
- Let simmer on low for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In another skillet, brown the fillets, searing them on each side.
- Put the fillets on the plates and cover them with the sauce.
For this recipe, you can also use a brook trout or a rainbow trout.